Invoice from "sex" site

setanta23 07:38 08 May 2007

I use Firefox but am plagued with a persistent invoice for £39.99 which keeps popping up on IE for access to "my sex world.com"

Being of an age where i would rather read the paper than follow the links to a sex site this is driving me mad. My 2 sons insist that they have never been on a sex site - so we must have ghosts.

This dammed thing locks itself for 2 mins and I cannot for the life of me get rid of it.

I thought i was quite security minded but cannot figure out how to kill this thing and I have no intention of paying it. It looks as though it was created on April 28th and will continue to plague me until i either pay or find someway of getting rid of it from my system.

Any suggestions please before my wife kills me

Diodorus Siculus 07:41 08 May 2007

click here

Could be this; I seem to remember the FE asking about people experiencing this but can't find the thread at the moment.

this the one diodorus
click here

Diodorus Siculus 09:52 08 May 2007

*THE RAVEN* - thanks for that - knew I'd seen it somewhere :)

iscanut 10:12 08 May 2007

Also this one click here

Technotiger 10:20 08 May 2007

Hi, thankfully, not a 'victim' myself, but if I were to become a victim of this crime, because sure ly that is what it is - demanding money with menaces - I would head straight to my nearest Police Station and insist that they took action against the perpetrators.

conrail 10:37 08 May 2007

bump

setanta23 12:28 08 May 2007

I think it is now sorted but .......

I am slightly annoyed as during my attempts to disable this and get rid of the dammed thing i downloaded AVG and ran it

it found 16 nasties on my system 2 of which it informed me were trojans - it successfully got rid of them but i just wonder what in the name of god i am paying norton for which is built into my bt yahoo account

OLDBIKER 12:53 08 May 2007
  wee eddie 13:27 08 May 2007

It is inadvisable to put your mail address on any Public Site.

To anyone else who has a solution:

Publish it here, there are thousands who visit who never post and if you posted it directly to "OLDBIKER" they would never know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?