inverted desktop

mickwarman 21:18 29 Jan 2008

This concerns my neighbour really - but I was called in today to try to sort out his computer. He said he had had a book on the keyboard while he made a telephone call. When he returned to his computer the entire desktop was upside down. I tried all that I could think of - even down to restarting the computer but to no avail - it was still upside down when the desktop appeared. I am completely baffled as to what he did - can you help. He is running Windows XP Home.
Thanks -mick warman.

VoG II 21:22 29 Jan 2008

If there is an icon for the graphics card in the notification area, right click it and there should be an option to rotate display.

Flying Teddy 21:24 29 Jan 2008

Does his graphics driver have a 'rotate by 180 degrees' facility? The danger there is that you might get two wrongs making a right...

Otherwise I'm stumped.

Flying Teddy 21:25 29 Jan 2008

D'oh!

Technotiger 21:28 29 Jan 2008

Try Ctrl and up/down arrow. Or, check graphics settings.

Peter 01:45 30 Jan 2008

On a Toshiba P200 laptop using the Alt-Gr + Right Arrow rotates the screen 90 degrees clockwise, Alt-Gr + Left Arrow rotates the screen 90 degrees anti-clockwise, Alt-Gr + Down Arrow inverts the screen and Alt-Gr + Up Arrow puts the screen back the correct way up.

Perhaps the Alt-Gr + Down Arrow key combination have been accidentally pressed. If this is the case the Alt-Gr + Up Arrow key combination should correct the problem.

Peter.

Peter 01:54 30 Jan 2008

PS - the Alt-Gr key is the one just to the right of the Space Bar.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?