Invalid Window image needs fixing

tallboy 22:31 15 Jan 2009

For some time I have used CyberScrub Privacy Suite for cleaning up my PC's Internet browsing and temporary files trails.

Having not run it for 2-3 weeks I did so today. At the end of the run I got the following message reported by CSPSeraser.exe - Bad Image:

'Application: C:\Windows\System32\SETUPAPI.dll is not a valid Window image. Please check against your installation diskette.'

How do I find out what application this Setup file is associated with so that I can correct it, or do I need to wait until I discover a failed application?

lotvic 00:22 16 Jan 2009

you could run the System File Checker.
Start > Run > and type
sfc /scannow
in the box and click on OK
(there is a space after c and before / )
you will prob need your installation CD
learn what it is for and how to run it click here

tallboy 19:26 16 Jan 2009

Thanks for the quick response lotvic. I ran sfc / scannow and it called for the CD several times (I guess the drive speed dropped off as it ran through the checking) so I imaging there were quite a few files that needed replacing.

I've yet to re-run CyberScrub Privacy Suite, but hopefully that will no longer throw up any error messages. (I'll post another response if it does.)

jimv7 21:14 16 Jan 2009

Instead of CyberScrub Privacy Suite, try the free glary utilities from click here

tallboy 09:53 17 Jan 2009

Thanks for the tip jimv7, I'll give Glary Utilities a try, especially since I still got the same error when I ran CyberScrub Privacy Suite after running sfc / scannow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?