Invalid & general protection faults

Miss Happy 15:39 26 Apr 2005

As soon as I switched on laptop today, invalid page and general protection faults started to appear. It is preventing me from going online. I was online til we hours of thismorning watching something on ebay that I had bid for. Received a couple of ebay related emails into OE.
Page faults are in module ES197X.DRV at 0001:0000318c and general protection fault is in module GDI.EXE at 0026:000013ac
I have found the Maestro PCI driver file but cannot find the GDI.EXE file other than a MS-DOS blue and white one.
I cannot go online (using PC to write/send this), AVG is up-to-date up to lastnight, tested laptop and nothing found. Anyone else had same problems? I dont know if replacing the drivers is going to help.

Miss Happy 15:50 26 Apr 2005

I found an .exe prog called PcOrion(1).exe 50.9kb that I am unaware of downloading yesterday. I visited their site yesterday after doing google search for security software (firewall or something like for my old windows 98se laptop to replace zonelabs which keeeeps crashing PC everytime I try to download and restart pc it crashes again - old issue resolved).
I cannot access anything much without the 'illegal' popping up and ending / freezing anything I am doing. I get the 'recover your desktop' option or switch off!
Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie