Invalid bytecode

Border View 09:51 11 Nov 2008

I have visited click here many many times in the past, but this morning the web page refuses to display and I get the message "Invalid Bytecode".

I am not sure if its something to do with my running Ccleaner yesterday.

Do I need to update my Java and if I do where do I obtain this download please.

Border View 10:03 11 Nov 2008

Should mention that I am using Opera. However when I try accessing the web site using IE all I get is a picture of Java and then a cross in the top left corner.

chub_tor 10:05 11 Nov 2008

The "invalid Bytecode" error can be caused by the webpage that you are looking at is using a different version of Java. Try updating to the latest version from click here

Border View 10:19 11 Nov 2008

Thanks for that chub_tor. I have downloaded the latest version 6 - 10. Regrettably still cant access this web cam on either Opera or IE.

Wonder if the site owners have changed something. Pity.

Border View 10:20 11 Nov 2008

Just been into Add/Remove programs and I now have Jave 6 Update 10 and Java 6 Update 7. Can I safely removed the Update 7 one?

chub_tor 10:42 11 Nov 2008

Just tried your click here website - should have tried before, sorry - it crashed Firefox and with Google Chrome and IE7 it shows a Java error on the cam. So it is obviously nothing to do with Java but it is something that they have changed.

Can you safely remove Update 7? Probably, I have asked myself the same question (I have 5,7 and 10) but they take up so little space that I haven't bothered.

Border View 10:46 11 Nov 2008

Hi chub_tor. Took the plug and removed update 7 just leaving update 10. The world didnt end and the computer didnt crash.

Will e-mail the site owners about problems about their web cam. Would be great if we could get it back because it shows live pictures of the river tweed at Berwick. Like to keep an eye on what happening weather wise up that way.

Thanks for your time and trouble. Will now put a green tick.

Border View 13:42 11 Nov 2008

Had an e-mail back from the web site owner. Apparently his ISP has blocked the port which is connected to the web cam. Expect things will get back to normal soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone