intrnet connection trying to connect all the time

dazzling 20:00 18 Jul 2005

every time i start windows it tries to connect to the internet.it is not set to do this.i had a virusbut avg got rid of it the only thing out of the ordinary is ten references to mshta.exe inthe processes bit of device manager.is this a virus/trojan or should i be looking elsewhere.darren

VoG II 20:18 18 Jul 2005

click here

Assuming that you are on dial-up, in Internet Exploret, Tools | Internet options, Connections tab. Tick Never dial a connection.

dave-jens 20:52 18 Jul 2005

If you tick this it will "never dial!" I always have "dial my default connection." It will not connect without asking. It could be a setting.
It is probably some program that is trying to connect to the internet! It might just be a setting. Have you got Zone Alarm? That will tell you what is trying to access the internet! It could be something looking for an update. Also run a Spyware program to see if there are any rouge programs / spyware.

dazzling 08:59 19 Jul 2005

thanks guys it is set to dial my default connection.im on broadband but it appears to have fixed itself after a reboot must have been a bit of spyware left or something before i rebooted.thanks darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone