intresting report on registry cleaners

sunnystaines 19:22 22 Aug 2009

click here

eusing comes 2nd the highest placed free one

ccleaner comes 10th

woodchip 19:31 22 Aug 2009

My view is they should be used with Care, as a messed up Registry may mean a full clean install

rdave13 19:42 22 Aug 2009

Agree with woodchip. However in my opinion the best wasn't listed and would better Eusing.

sunnystaines 19:51 22 Aug 2009

was that WINASO I think that is good too but I have to filter out HP software keys to keep my printer/scanner working.

an eyeopener seeing how dangerous some of the reg cleaners are in their scans.

rdave13 20:07 22 Aug 2009

Reg cleaners have always been a tad dangerous. Winaso I foolishly bought but not impressed. Eusing is too complicated for a lazy person like me.
One of the best improved reg cleaners, and free, for me is RegscrubVistaXp. However I'm going over to W7 at or after the end of October so won't know if compatible. Will play around with it as soon as up and running with 7. If I need to reinstall after playing around with RVX then will have to wait for the programmer to update again.
Just my opinion though.

Sea Urchin 20:40 22 Aug 2009

You could run a check with Upgrade Advisor

click here

rdave13 20:44 22 Aug 2009

Thanks Sea Urchin all ready on desktop. Running it shows all programs are compatible but will need reinstalling. We will soon see if true or not.

OTT_Buzzard 21:12 22 Aug 2009

Thanks for that. Some really quite incredible results!

sunnystaines 21:12 22 Aug 2009

thanks for imput, i thought regscrub died away after continued problems with flashplayer ages ago.

might have another look myself at it, been burnt by several reg cleaners in the past, like wise, glary,regcure etc

GaT7 21:23 22 Aug 2009

I'd rather do a fresh OS reinstall than use any of those so-called registry cleaners/optimisers. G

rdave13 21:56 22 Aug 2009

That is a fair enough outlook at reg cleaners. I've played around with enough of them and had more of a fair share of problems as a result. To my shame bought one of them that had pretty pictures of what it was doing but it was basically crap. Same as Auslogics defrag and Defraggler are both under par programs in my opinion.
Taken me a while to find out but there you are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?