Intranet Access Via VPN and Broadband

Air_Man 10:45 16 Jan 2004

I have set up an intranet server running MS Team Services. Everything is fine when accessed directly from our LAN, but some external people are having major problems accessing it.

If they dial in using their client dialer (instigates a VPN connection) there is no problem. If however they use broadband, and the client software using "Existing Internet Connection", the get a "Page cannot be displayed" error.

I do not get this problem when I connect from home via NTL Broadband and the client software.

I have tried enabling/disabling "connect via proxy server" options to no avail.

To make things more confusing, some people had it working fine and then it suddenly stopped working.

Now I am thinking firewalls, but the first user I have spoken to cannot get the properties up for the client connection - when clicked, the dialog box just vanishes.

Do people think I am looking in the right area here, or can you suggest anything else that may be causing this problem.

Thanx in advance (PS I am a server/networking novice - so keep it simple please! :-)

Taran 20:55 19 Jan 2004

Just noticed this one droppnig down the list.

My first thoughts are permissions issues.

Leave it with me until tomorrow - I'm going offline for the evening now, but I'll look in on this in the morning.

Forum Editor 23:22 19 Jan 2004

that can have more than one cause, and rather than having to read a giant post from me I suggest that you take a look at this
click here When you're on the site, add this to the url (after the /):

default.aspx?kbid=823552&product=winsps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?