internet/explorer

picklsey 15:19 02 Nov 2005

could someone be good enough to give me advice on this please.

i upgraded from xp home to xp/pro and i can,t find the above,can,t find it in all programes.also is there a problem with the windows update site as all i get is the website has encoutered a problem.i bought an upgrade disc and installed it so as i didn,t lose any of my stuff.thanks.

woodchip 15:28 02 Nov 2005

Just go to search type IE when you see the IE logo right click it and drag to shortcut bar

ACOLYTE 15:29 02 Nov 2005

You cant find IE6,or the shortcut to it? to show the shortcut on the desktop right click desktop select/properties/desktop/customize desktop and tick the IE box.

Gongoozler 15:30 02 Nov 2005

Hi picklsey. Internet Explorer should be in Start - All programs, but if it isn't, find "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE", right click on it and select "Send to - Desktop (Create shortcut)" you can also create a shortcut and drag it to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu"

picklsey 15:37 02 Nov 2005

ACOLYTE used your suggestion suggestion worked a treat.now for the second part is there a problem with m/update site or is it just me that,s got the problem.thanks for the help offered so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?