Internet/connecting/netwoking issues

RPM1975 09:23 24 Dec 2007

Quick overview of home system, all connected view Belkin MIMO G+ wireless router.
Main Desktop PC - wired direct to router
Laptop - wireless, integrated
PS3 - wireless, integrated
Daughters bedroom (DB PC) desktop with XP SP2 - wireless, Belkin external USB adapter

All run Kaspersky apart from DB which is BitDefender.

All are fine apart from DB PC...

1st. Get intermittent connectivity. Signal strength is excellent but the windows connecting icon keeps showing and disappearing - any thoughts on how to make this a straight foward operation and not intermittent.
2nd. When I managed to permanently connect yesterday (which was not by design, it just happened) I could get the Google homepage and sign in to Windows messenger (and have conversations) but internet but I couldnt search on the internet. I could also update my antivirus. I have checked the firewall settings and these appear OK (I think). Any thoughts on this.

Until recently, all was fine.

RPM1975 10:29 24 Dec 2007

Any thoughts folks?

^wave^ 10:34 24 Dec 2007

not sure what you are saying is it just one pc thats not working or is it all. i would get the wired pc to work on its own then add the rest one by one

RPM1975 11:10 24 Dec 2007

Wave, its only daughters bedroom. All others are fine.

I have got connection now with all but cant do internet searching on problem PC. As I said I can update AV SW, sign in to messenger but cant get past the Google screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?