Internet upload faster than download

prester-john 21:31 11 Mar 2011

Low speeds are quite normal in this village, 0.5Mbps is good. But on top of that I now regularly get upload speeds (0.37Mbps ten minutes ago) faster than download (0.11Mbps) - measured using PC Advisor Speed Test. Windows XP SP3; router and adapter both -n; browser Google Chrome or IE8; TalkTalk broadband (was Tiscali). WiFi connection stated as "135.0Mbps, Strength excellent, Status connected".

Something's wrong. Where do I start looking?

lotvic 22:00 11 Mar 2011

Try rebooting your router to get a fresh connection.
Switch it off and leave it unplugged completely for at least 30 secs before plugging back into mains.

woodchip 22:49 11 Mar 2011

Try this, I used it on my Wireless Laptop and it worked wonders, TCP Optimizer click here use the Optimize button on its default settings, You can make a backup of your old settings if you want to restore them later, in the menu

prester-john 21:08 18 Mar 2011

Iotvic: thank you for the suggestion. But I should've said I'd already tried that. Anyway, I tried it again several times. Same result, near enough (Upload 0.35, Download 0.13 etc).

Woodchip: thank you for the suggestion. I downloaded it, and ran it several times, over several days. Guess what! (Upload/Download 0.35/0.13; 0.37/0.11; 0.37/0.13 etc).

Today suddenly, one week later, Upload 0.37, Download 0.45 Mbps. Broadband heaven in these parts.

Signing off now. Thanks again, both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?