internet timer alarm

greybeard 17:51 04 Dec 2004

Can anyone recommend or give me a link to a freeware prog that will give me a sound alarm when I've been connected for 55 minutes or so ? (When my billing rate jumps up)
I've searched Downloads and Google but most seem to be faer more complex than I need, or can cope with.
Many thanks in advance.

Dorsai 18:14 04 Dec 2004

you could buy a kitchen timer. Remember to set it when you go on-line.

click here but have no idea if it does what you want.

greybeard 18:29 04 Dec 2004

The old grey cells cant even remember to watch the timer on the connection manager, nevermind actualy remembering where the kitchen timer is !!!
I'll try your link - many thanks.

Dorsai 18:36 04 Dec 2004

Let us know how you get on with it. Have had a gander at it, and is would seem to be what you're after. Hope it is.

greybeard 22:14 04 Dec 2004

Sorry about the time lag - 6 gallons of wine needed my attention {:)>
crx1600
being lazy, I'm still using a BT package until we get broadband early next year.
Dorsai
I'll let you know. While reading other threads, I found a link to Karen powertools, and downloaded one of hers(?)but not what I needed.
Re your link, I wonder what the reaction between their pop-up advertising and my blocker will be. All will be revealed.

greybeard 22:59 04 Dec 2004

no, our package gives us something like 6p for evening and weekend calls up to 1 hour. It then switches to 3p per minute if you go over, including the first hour, which is the sting!!

greybeard 23:03 04 Dec 2004

There's no audio alarm with this one, but it does throw up a window on top to warn you. I'll run it for a few days and see how I get on with it.
Only the full Time-up window runs banner ads - there is a "small window" option which just gives a digital readout - various options, so no probs with pop-ups.

greybeard 17:42 05 Dec 2004

Sorry to mess you about -you're right it's 60p per hour.
I've just checked my option package. I'm sure hat I was told when I set it up that it also applied to 0845 numbers, because I distinctly remember asking. But it might be that I was checking that I could use the "friends"discount for 0845, and I inverted the two bits of information !! Ah well, yet another sign of the grey matter decling with the passing years.

greybeard 17:42 05 Dec 2004

Sorry to mess you about -you're right it's 60p per hour.
I've just checked my option package. I'm sure hat I was told when I set it up that it also applied to 0845 numbers, because I distinctly remember asking. But it might be that I was checking that I could use the "friends"discount for 0845, and I inverted the two bits of information !! Ah well, yet another sign of the grey matter declining with the passing years.

greybeard 21:02 10 Dec 2004

Have abandoned the idea, as this prog doesn't give a warning that resets each time you log on,unless you reset it manually, only the digital clock.
I need something that really pokes me in the eye when my time is nearly up !!

greybeard 22:27 11 Dec 2004

Thanks,crx1600, the penny per minute has now finally dropped.... I'll go and ask Matron for a nightcap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?