Internet Timer

dogrex 22:31 14 Feb 2006

A number of Broadband servers provide a specail package for home users which limits broadband connection to 20 hours a month. As they do not provide a timer one is left guessing how much time is left. There are timers available for downloading on the internet but they are designed for internet cafes and are very complex and provide considerable unnecessary infomation. Can anyone help me locate a simple timer to serve the need I have outlined.

SG Atlantis® 22:34 14 Feb 2006

How about you create a spreadsheet or something and just enter log details of when your online and when you finish.

It'll save some program running in the background of your computer using resources.

VoG II 22:38 14 Feb 2006
  GaT7 23:41 14 Feb 2006

I'm not sure Tautology Bandwidth Meter (TBM) shows time spent online, but RAS Graph & Stats does click here. Don't worry, it's simpler than it looks! It's what I use. G

PS - ignore my post if TBM was sufficient.

myfoot 00:30 15 Feb 2006

this is really simple small and neat and free

click here been using it for a while . It has a small floating window (if you wwant) and keeps a log of all sessions. Simple no frills

Jak_1 00:38 15 Feb 2006

If you want to keep track of online time simply right click on the internet connection icon in the systray. This gives you the duration of online time, just note it down and keep a running total.

20 hours a month!!! I know everyone's needs are different but that sounds a very short time to justify a broadband connection unless the price is below £10 per month! Even then it's a high price!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?