Internet Telephony

Bingalau 20:04 30 Apr 2004

Has anyone out there any experience with telephoning abroad on their computer? I have just been reading about it and decided to take a look at a site called click here It looks very interesting to me as I often call friends and relatives in Australia and Germany. This system is apparently free and is from computer to computer, using microphone and headphones... Then I read the words "provided by Kazaa" and remembered reading in this forum that "Kazaa" shoves all sorts of rubbish onto computers and should to be avoided. Is this true for this particular application? Anyone tried it? Are there any bugs that I should know about? Thanks for your advice in advance as usual....Bingalau..

GaT7 21:01 30 Apr 2004

I found 2 threads here regarding Skype - click here & click here.

deadneat 21:17 30 Apr 2004

why not use windoze messenger if u r comp 2 comp?

Bagsey 22:39 30 Apr 2004

I use it between UK and Oman. It works just fine. There is a slight delay but there is on the ordinary phone as well. I use it through MSN Messenger.The only real problem that I have is that my mike gets feed back from my Speakers so I need to use the headphone and turn down the speakers very low.

Bagsey 22:40 30 Apr 2004

I also meant to add that I have a web cam set up as well and that is fine.

Bingalau 23:00 30 Apr 2004

Thanks "Deadneat" I do already use Yahoo Messenger, but every now and again it is nice to hear voices. Thanks also "Crossbow7" I have re-read those threads and didn't see anything to really put me off trying it out. As "Bagsey" seems quite happy with it and no-one has really condemned it I think I will get myself a decent set of headphones and a speaker combination and give it a whirl. Sorry for the delay in answering your comments. I was doing my German homework. I will leave the thread open in case anyone else comes up with a reason for or against overnight... Thanks for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?