internet settings

mac75 20:24 15 May 2003

i have installed a new hdd in my pc buti can't get my internet connection settings setup. can someone tell me how to achieve this either by transfering the data from the old hdd or from old hdd to cdr. thanks in advance for any help.
jim.

BrianW 21:11 15 May 2003

If you still have your old HDD connected, set it as master and the new one as slave. Get hold of Drive Image 2002 or Norton Ghost. Either of these will allow you to copy across the contents of you old drive to the new one, Internet connection and all.

Also, have a look at some of the past threads and look for XXCOPY. If I remember correctly this is a freeware package that can do the same. I have no experience of it though.

Finally, depending on what make your new drive is you may hve the cloning software supplied. My Western Digital drives do and I think Maxtor provide the same software. If you have either of these, just follow the instructions.

Hope you find a suitable answer here.

jazzypop 21:21 15 May 2003

Which ISP are you trying to connect to? Almost all have detailed advice available on the Support pages of their web sites.

If you still have access to the old drive, you can just drag and drop the dial-up settings icon for your ISP onto a floppy, then copy that to your new drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone