Internet Security Suite Package Help Please.

MeandHer 13:18 01 Apr 2007

Hi,
I am treating myself to a new and up to date desktop pc.
I am thinking of installing a security suite package on it.

Any advice on which one please?
I have been told they can slow your pc down.
I am on AOL 9 SIVER BROADBAND.
And at the moment only use free security.
Thanks.

wee eddie 13:33 01 Apr 2007

Do a fresh download of the programs you are currently using.

Write them to a CD or DVD and then load them onto the new PC before it goes on line. All you will need to do is get the relevant Updates.

Totally-braindead 16:07 01 Apr 2007

I use the free ones as well but I do understand why some people want an all in one package.

If you really do want an all in one then perhaps something like Kaspersky whos anti virus is well thought of. All programs have some sort of hit on performance and when you talk of an all in one I think the effect is probably greater. Try a free trial of Kaspersky and see how it goes click here download it. Delete your old AV before running the install program as running 2 anti virus programs at the same time will really screw things up.

anskyber 16:47 01 Apr 2007

The ZoneAlarm one reviews consistently well. click here;jsessionid=GPTIuNicmLWEO29OTZyy0364aEjmtkfaPg33EVb25JtGYEWY6quc!448957221!-1062696903!7551!7552!NONE?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

It has the respected Kaspersky anti virus engine and the ZA own firewall. I did use it but I am wating for the Vista compliant version to come out. try shopping around for the best price.

anskyber 16:50 01 Apr 2007

Sorry about the rubbish link try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?