internet security suit

LivEviL 19:52 22 Jan 2007

Hi i need a new security suit (anti virus, firewall,spy ware ect ect but all in one) iv used NIS and Zone Alarm does anyone have any ideas for one which is low on CPU and memory usage? as this is for my laptop which isnt the fastest in the world and needs as much as it can get! cheers

SB23 19:56 22 Jan 2007

Why don't you use the freebies, Avast, Avg, Zonealarm, Comodo, Windows Defender etc?

LivEviL 19:58 22 Jan 2007

i do already although zone alarm takes up alot of memory and cpu usage, and i have no probs with Windows Defender, and AVG free edition isnt available any more i believe i had a message from the last updat sayin its nolonger free, whats NOD32 Like?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:00 22 Jan 2007

'AVG free edition isnt available any more'..you are mistaken......click here

LivEviL 20:03 22 Jan 2007

i do appologise oh wise one

but still any other ideas?

LivEviL 20:05 22 Jan 2007

how about avg internet security?

SB23 20:07 22 Jan 2007

Oops, sorry, forgot about Avg, but there's lots of other good, free to use programs, that don't involve parting with any money.

Totally-braindead 20:08 22 Jan 2007

I haven't seen the reviews on it so I'm unsure. I use the free AVG anyway. One advantage with the AVG suite is its £31.95 for a year but only £41.95 if you buy 2 years subscription.

LivEviL 20:11 22 Jan 2007

yeah thats what i was thinking! just wondering if its low on cpu usage the free edition is... hmmm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?