Internet Security Software

spikey97988 13:15 19 Feb 2006

What is the best internet security software to use and has anyone used Bit Defender 9?

rawprawn 14:14 19 Feb 2006

click here I have been using this for 2 months and I have found it excellent. ( You can get a 30% discount if you bank online with Barclays )I understand Bitdefender is also very good, although there was a thread a while ago with some one with problems, but I don't know why.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:16 19 Feb 2006

What is internet security?

Before you log onto the inernet you need
1. A firewall (one only)
2. Antivirus software (one only)
3. Antispyware (as much as you like)

you can "buy" these as a package labelled Internet security software but you get only one manufacture's version of each which is not always the best and can at worse can "hog" system resources.

So most people "in the know" build thier own package for free from the following list:

Firewalls :-
Filesclab click here
Jetico click here
Kerio4 click here
Netveda click here
Nrt firewall 2.0.1 click here
Outpost free click here
R-firewall click here
Securepoint click here
Softperfect click here
Sygate click here
Wyvernworks click here
ZoneAlarm click here

Anti Virus :-
Antivir click here
Avast4 click here
AVG antivirus click here
Microworld click here

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
MSoftAntispy Beta (windows defender) click here
Ewido click here

A good combination is:
Zone Alarm
Avg or Avast
SpywareBlaster + Windows defender + Adaware + A2
but the choice is yours

Remember no security software is anygood unless it is kept updated and the above all give fre updates.

reece1705 15:35 19 Feb 2006

i have found the steganos internet security package very powerful and easy to use. Its also much cheaper than the rest of the markets offerrings. Its around 35 pounds for the full version (antivirus, firewall, anti dialer, anti spyware and antisapm)) and yopu can download it from their website in around 15 minutes start to finish. Couple this with ad-aware free edition and thats pretty much evrything you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?