Internet security for my kids

EmptyJay 22:37 16 Jun 2007

We have 4 pc's on a wireless network, and I want to set them up with differing levels of security as some are my kids. Any suggsetions of an easy way? Been considering user accouns, but don't know if maybe Net Nanny (eg) would be a better bet? Thanks

recap 22:45 16 Jun 2007

Net Nanny is a good product and should do what you want

EmptyJay 22:52 16 Jun 2007

Thanks. Do you know if it can block them from downloading anything?

rdave13 22:54 16 Jun 2007

Difficult this one. If you use any parental controls on a pc then it will definately stop flash player. This will make sites such as CBEEBIES unusable for your children. Youtube is a favourite site to my four year old as he likes, no, is mad for Thomas the Tank engine and Friends.

Unfortunately the same rules apply for youtube and it will not be accessible under any parental controls.
Really the answer is to have the PC available to young children in a room where either parent will be there to keep an eye on their surfing.
Tried allsorts but I found the only way to control the childrens browsing is to be in the same room and keep a beady eye on the PC.

recap 22:54 16 Jun 2007

Set them up restricted accounts and that will do that for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?