Internet Security

rosie 13:03 12 Nov 2006

Having just browsed through this month's PC Advisor, I get the impression that one can't have too much security and that one should ideally have more than one Search utility, such as Spybot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware, or Zone Alarm. But I also understand that Norton Internet Security 2007 requires that Spybot and other utilities are uninstalled before installing Norton. Does this mean that Norton, in their latest offering, is all one really needs? I have Norton Internet Security plus Windows Defender plus Kerio Firewall. Shouldn't this be sufficient, even with today's threats?

birdface 13:05 12 Nov 2006

Just add in Spyware Blaster,And you are just about there.

ACOLYTE 13:10 12 Nov 2006

NIS has a firewall built in i believe so don't install a separate firewall as well or it may conflict.If it was me i would ditch NIS and go with two seperate programs for firewall and AV.

rosie 12:06 13 Nov 2006

I tried Spyblaster but it created the same situation, i.e. a red cross on Norton icon and need to reinstall ? However, I uninstalled Spyblaster and then restarted and all is fine again. I think, for the time being, I'll 'leave well alone'. Thank you all for the help given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?