internet problems+hard drive

Dr floyd 12:44 17 Mar 2009

I can connect to the internet without any problem,however when i navigate away from my home page the fun starts. Which ever website i try to visit loads very slowly, also the hard drive continually runs and runs. When i disconnect from the net,which can take upto possibly 5 minutes, i get a error report caption saying that website is not responding and do i want to send an error report to microsoft.When i have finally disconnected the hard drive is still going mental for upto 15 minutes. I have a broadband connection,also i'm using a cd-rom for a work course which is supplied by the company running the course,but my computer hasn't been the same since i put the disc in, could there be a link ? I really would like to know what the hell is going on because when i'm online the computer is a much good as chocolate fire guard

MAJ 15:10 17 Mar 2009

To start with, Dr floyd, have you run any virus and antimalware scans to make sure your system isn't infected. I would recommend running scans in Safe Mode using Mbam click here and Superantispyware click here see if it helps any.

woodchip 15:12 17 Mar 2009

I think what you are hearing is the CD rom working when should not be. Try on Internet without the CD in the Drive

Dr floyd 08:12 18 Mar 2009

I have free avg anti-virus software and have run a virus scan with nothing detected. I have heard of the conficker virus also and the computer would appear to be free of that. Is it possible to scan a cd-rom? Are there any system tools that can be used also?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?