Internet Problems

Josheo 23:00 05 Jun 2006

Hi, I've been with the same ISP for over 2 years and their service hs been great. I first started at a standard 516Kb speed and then after awhile I upgraded to 1.1Mbs. Everything was fine and i never encountered a disconnection at all. My modem is a Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem.

My ISP, which is called Nildram, introduced a free upgrade to all members who had been with thme for over a year and that upgrade was a 4Mb connection. They told me that our phone line was available for this upgrade and finally the day came when they upgraded it and since then all i've been getting is problems.

My internet disconnects whenever it wants. It used to happen after around 7PM but now it just happens whatever time of the day. I noticed a few things that are strange. When i check the connection speed its always different, its supposed to be 4Mbs but it can be anywhere from 3.2Mbs to 4.4Mbs. And it normally changes after disconnecting for example, it would connect at 3.8Mbs and when it disconnects and i reconnect the speed would have changed to either something higher like 4.1Mbs or lower like 3.5Mbs.

Also if i check the Internet Connection status under the Received part i've got a umber of errors in the error margin. It doesn't explain them, it just shows how many errors there are, currently after checking a second ago there are 58 errors.
When my internet does disconnect the Green light on the modem takes awhile to go Solid and i cannot connect until this happens. I've tried giving as much detail as possible and I hope this helps. If anymore details are needed just ask and i'll do my best to give them.

Josheo 23:21 05 Jun 2006

~Bump~

josie mayhem 23:30 05 Jun 2006

I would have a word with your provider...

As it seems that you line hasn't been stablised.

When I went to BT up 8mg, I was told on joining that my line was only capable of 6.5mg, once activated I was told that it could take upto 10 days to stabilize the line for the best perforamnce and during this time I could experience fluteracing speed and some disconection as my line was monitored and tested.

I've never experienced any disconnection, but at time my line drops to under my oridginal speed of 2mg!

By the way I live less than .5 miles away from my exchange I can actualy it from my bedroom window!

Josheo 23:49 05 Jun 2006

Its been over 3 weeks since they upgraded it. They are looking into the problem but they do take their sweet time to answer their "24 hour service" emails =)

Josheo 01:28 06 Jun 2006

Josheo 10:46 06 Jun 2006

Josheo 20:28 07 Jun 2006

VoG II 20:33 07 Jun 2006

I don't think we can help - it is down to your ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017