Internet problem mystery.

rotormota 20:03 05 Aug 2010

Hi,

WIN VISTA
IE8
Netgear Router.

I have a desktop connected via Ethernet to a Netgear wireless router & for the last 6 weeks I have had frustrating Internet & email connection issues. The problem has occurred every day & nearly always between about 11.30am-2pm. Basically sending & receiving emails results in error messages & IE is unable to display web pages. Usually continuous clicking send/receive for emails or refresh for the net eventually seems to force the desired result. It does happen at other times of the day but less so. Additionally I have a laptop connected wirelessly & a further desktop via an Ethernet & both remain completely unaffected.

I have fiddled with cables & regularly run malware scans so I know these are not the causes.

To add to the mystery Firefox also gives blank results. However, today purely by chance I seemed to get an improvement in IE8 utilising the Compatibility feature. This of course does not explain the email issue or Firefox.

Any ideas gratefully received.

J

muddypaws 20:07 05 Aug 2010

This any help:
click here

rotormota 20:08 05 Aug 2010

Thanks but tried that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?