Internet Problem

stuarty 09:51 24 Sep 2007

Until now i have never had any issues with my current wireless Belkin Router which has always functioned correctly. Last night I was using nmap and was port scanning my friends ip address to see if i was able to find what open ports he had open.

Everything was running fine until a new window appeared in nmap explaining I had reached a cap limit or something like that. My internet didnt work then and the other computer wasnt recieving a wireless connection. I tried to check my internet settings in my browser (192.168.2.1) but not even this would load at all.

The adsl light is not on and Im stuck on what I need to do. I done a system restore but again to no avail. Should I fully reset my router back to default settings? Please help asap.

Thanks,
Stuart

Si_L 11:29 24 Sep 2007

Who is your ISP?

brundle 11:34 24 Sep 2007

ISP's don't take kindly to port scanning, you need to give them a call.

stuarty 15:56 24 Sep 2007

My isp is British Telecom(BT)

I am running on a 8mb adsl line with no bandwidth limit (well within reason) and I have not downloaded over 2gb in the last month. I think i should contact my isp asap but they will probably be none to happy, they arent the brightest sparks either and will probably not understand me. :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone