Internet Problem

Phoenix40 12:23 15 Jun 2006

Hello i wonder if anyone can explain a strange problem im having in receiving emails from a person.Like a lot of people i play by email with several people.But i seem to have a problem with receiving mail from one person.A few days ago i had a problem with my computer starting up it kept crashing at desktop so i had to reset my computer so i lost everything.When i finally reconnected on my broadband i finally made contact with my colleague after losing contact for quite awhile before my computer had its problem.He claimed that he received my mail but each time he sent his to me he got it sent back to him by daemon messenger.He claimed he had no problems with anyone else.Which is the same with me i have at the moment no problems with anyone else.Others seem to be receiving my mail fine.Now i seem to have lost contact with him again hes usually reliable in replying.So im not sure if theres a problem between us or he has a problem.I use broadband and have Wins98SE i look forward to any advice thank you.

rodriguez 12:33 15 Jun 2006

I don't think it's anything to do with your computer because emails don't get sent directly from one computer to another. They get sent to your mail server which is in the place your mail company are based. When you log in to your email account if there are any mails in the server addressed to you, they then get sent to your computer. If he gets a response from the Daemon messenger it means it hasn't even been sent to the mail server. Make sure he hasn't accidentally been blocked from sending you emails and if he hasn't then it's a problem with your mail server rejecting his address for some reason.

Phoenix40 13:02 15 Jun 2006

Hello thank you for your prompt reply how do i check out if its my mail server that is rejecting his mail. Do i get in touch with my internet provider then? Hope for a reply thank you.

mgmcc 17:09 15 Jun 2006

The message from the Mailer Daemon should indicate the reason for non-delivery of the message. It would normally say something like "the message has permanent fatal errors" and then tell you what the errors are, such as an invalid email address.

Phoenix40 17:48 15 Jun 2006

Hello thanks for your reply.Yes thats what i would have thought.Actually the last few days while i was resetting my computer and trying to make contact i got a couple of emails stating that i had a wrong address.But the last time i communicated with him he seemed to be using the right address and i havent changed any addresses etc.But i got on to my internet provider and they checked my mail server and found no problems and stated he must have the problem.So ive sent an email to him hoping he will get it to explain he will have to sort it out.Well thanks anyway for all your help.

Phoenix40 11:41 20 Jun 2006

Hello i would like to thank those that have helped on this thread.And just finish this thread by saying that i have made contact with my colleague who uses Yahoo as his internet server and he looked up to see what problems there are with it and he claims that the site was hacked by someone who overloaded it with spam or something like that.But now the connection seems to be alrights thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?