Internet Problem

Hands72 16:40 07 Jun 2006

I can no longer get the information I require from certain sites, such as timetable information from airlines or my on-line insurance policy information. I used to be able to but no longer can. I run Windows 98 on the pc and used Microsoft INternet explorer. Not sure if it's something to do with the enabling Cookies but I have checked that these are enabled so not sure what else I can do.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Diodorus Siculus 16:50 07 Jun 2006

Can you give an example of the sites causing problems?

Hands72 17:01 07 Jun 2006

Jet2 and when I tried to register for a course it wouldn't let me process it. Also swift insurance wouldn't let me process a claim, and mymetro said that my cookies wouldn't allow me to log onto the travel planner

Diodorus Siculus 17:20 07 Jun 2006

Get CCleaner and run it. click here It will remove all cookies etc and should allow you to connect.

surfmonkey #:@}© 17:22 07 Jun 2006

dont know if this helps but 2 days ago i had the same problem sort of in win xp not win98 with enableing cookies and web sites my problem was some how the sites i wanted to use gourne planners with had to have cookies enabled wich i thought i had untill i found out that in tools>interntet options>privacey>sites>mannaged web sites . the sites were listed in there and blocked when i removed the sites in ? i cauld then access the planners and cookies were enabled agian. dont know if its the same for win 98 long time since i used that

Hands72 18:34 07 Jun 2006

Have tried both of these and neither has worked. Any other suggestions. One site says that I don't have my cookies enabled and the other site won't give me flight details despite it working fine last week. any more suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?