Internet Option Security Phishing Filter query

MOLITTLE 19:12 28 Feb 2011

Internet Options - Advanced - Security -
Phishing Filter has a Yellow Circle in the box with an exclamation mark in it ???? Does this symbol indicate a problem ???

There is a green dot in TURN ON AUTO WEBSITE CHECKING.

Is there anything I should do

Nontek 19:35 28 Feb 2011

No, nothing to worry about. Mine is set 'Disabled' and also has the Yellow circle. Not had any problems.

Assuming of course that you have all the usual security such as Anti-virus etc.

MOLITTLE 20:15 02 Mar 2011

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do have McAfee Anti-Virus so now I know that I can relax.

MOLITTLE 12:46 05 Mar 2011

I had to have my McAfee Unloaded and Reloaded due to a problem on my PC. My query is that now when I log into the Internet it comes up with a triangle with a yellow exclamation mark and says:

Your default search setting have changed. This may pose a security risk. Would you like to restore them to McAfee Secure Search to provide a safer searching experience. The options given were YES or NO. I selected Yes but it still keeps appearing.

I would appreciate your advise.

MOLITTLE 21:25 05 Mar 2011

Internet Options - Advanced - Security -
Phishing Filter has a Yellow Circle in the box with an exclamation mark in it. There is a green dot in TURN ON AUTO WEBSITE CHECKING. I still don't know if I have a problem.

I just looked in Windows Microsoft FAQ on Phishing and it said:

"If you choose not to check websites automatically Phising filter will display an icon (and it is the Yellow one I described above)on the Internet Explorer status bar"

I can't see it on the status bar I found it in Security Advanced settings when I was checking something else.

It then says to check the website, click the icon and then click check the website.

My query is - I have the icon mentioned that says if you choose not to check and yet I have the Auto website checking selected. They seem to contradict each other. I thought that you should have this turned on permanently to keep the PC safe from Phishing.

Sorry so long winded but really don't understand this setting at all.

MOLITTLE 21:28 05 Mar 2011

Please ignore the McAfee Site query that I put by mistake in the middle of this request as that one has been resolved.

It is just the Phishing query that I need help with now.

rdave13 21:59 05 Mar 2011

My guess is you are still on IE7?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?