Internet Option (Java)

Old Shep 14:03 10 May 2004

My comp would not display a Java Image on a web site I visited - never done this before. Looking in Internet Options I have Java (sun) whatever that means and underneath that it says use Java 2v1.4.2_01 for (applet) (requires a restart) Underneath that it says Microsoft VM Java Console enabled (requires a restart) Java Logging enabled and JIT Compiler fror virtual machine enabled (requires a restart) The only box with a tick in it is the JIT Compiler I am sure others were ticked but are now not. Could anyone tell me which boxes should be TICKED. Thanks guys and Gals.

Stuartli 14:15 10 May 2004

I have the same setting enabled as you; I seem to remember an MS update for Java a while back but can't remember exactly what it was.

Sun is the official Java developer and MS tried to create its own equivalent (again if I remember correctly) and there was some court action over the matter.

Here's some MS advice:

click here;en-us;308260&Product=ie600

and

click here;en-us;833633&Product=ie600

Stuartli 14:16 10 May 2004

If the links don't work, key in the two numbers in turn into the Knowledge Base ID field.

Old Shep 14:19 10 May 2004

Thanks for that Stuartli are you saying that neither of your AVA boxes are ticked as enabled.

Stuartli 14:37 10 May 2004

Yes, the same as you have at present (JIT compiler).

It may also be worth you having a look at:

click here

where Microsoft comprehensively outlines the various Security settings for IE.

Old Shep 15:24 10 May 2004

Many Thanks Stuartli

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?