Internet not working, please help

LAP 09:43 11 Dec 2007

Both o/s win xp

My set up is 2 computers in the same room, both wireless. My wife's is still working mine has stopped for no apparent reason.

I have changed over the USB adaptors, still the same. I have entered 192.168.1.1 the connect menu does not appear.

My Wireless Network connection on the TaskBar has a yellow exclamation beside it.

Any ideas please? Thank you.

LAP 09:54 11 Dec 2007

'My Wireless Network connection on the TaskBar has a yellow exclamation beside it.'

When I place the cursor over this it states: 'Wireless Network Connection BT Voyager'

Signal strength: Excellent

LAP 17:31 11 Dec 2007

My Wireless Network connection on the TaskBar the yellow exclamation has now gone.

When I place the cursor over this it states: 'Aquiring Network Address'

What am I doing wrong? Please....

MCE2K5 01:42 12 Dec 2007

I am not an expert but,

Try this, Right Click Wireless Network connection on the TaskBar, Click Support Tab, Then Click Repair Button.

LAP 11:10 12 Dec 2007

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work.

Now this morning I went into 'Wireless Network Connections Properties' and unticked the following:

Client Microsoft Networks
File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
Microsoft TCP/IP version 6

Leaving the following ticked.

Trend Micro Common Firewall driver
AEGIS Protcol (IEEE 802 1x) v 2.3.1.9
Interpol Protocol (TCP/IP)

As a result I was connected to the internet. Fantastic. 30 minutes later turned computer off.

Just turned computer back on. No internet exact same problem. So I went back into 'Wireless Network Connections Properties' and the settings were the same as when I was able access the internet.

Any ideas what is going on?

LAP 18:16 12 Dec 2007

Just uninstalled the USB adaptor and installed it yet again and at this very moment I have access to the internet.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOORAY

For how long who knows. I know my computer has been playing up just recently and have ordered another one yesterday.

I will tick this resolved for now. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?