Internet log-on

Hofnar 15:54 08 Apr 2005

Since changing to a different account in BT Yahoo Broadband I have not been able to automatic log-on via my desktop icons, but have to log-on via Control Panel> Network connections. I've created an Icon for Network connections on the desktop.That works, but surely there should be a better way?

Technotiger 15:59 08 Apr 2005

Hi, Perhaps if you re-install the software. Usually there is an option during install to put shortcut on desktop.

Cheers.

Hofnar 16:04 08 Apr 2005

Have re-installed the program already new Icons work only after log-on via Control Panel.

Technotiger 16:13 08 Apr 2005

Hmmm - just thinking out-loud - what if you try a right-click on icon when you have it on desktop and then click on Send To/Desktop (Create Shortcut). Dunno if it would work, but worth a try I guess, it might stay there then when you start up again.

Hofnar 16:20 08 Apr 2005

I have created a new Icon on the desktop from the Control Panel> Network connections. That works. I can then use the normal BT icon to sign-in. It seems a long way round. There got to be a better way.

Technotiger 16:24 08 Apr 2005

Yes, I was thinking about the icon that you have created from Control Panel - what I was thinking was, that it might work if you now right-click on That Icon and then SendTo> etc, I know it sounds daft, but then so do lots of things in computing - most of which does not make any sense to me anyway, but these things still seem to work - quite often anyway.

Technotiger 16:28 08 Apr 2005

Just had another thought - rather than go the long way round - what if you just click on IE, I would think that it would then say something like 'you are not on-line would you like to connect now' - or words to that effect, then you could click on Yes and perhaps go on-line that way.

Hofnar 15:18 09 Apr 2005

Sorry about yesterday. I was called away. I have used IE, selected my home page and saved that. That will get me to my home pge alright but I can't log-on from there. I now use theicon I'd put on my desktop linking to the Control Panel and Network connection. That works so I'll leave it at that I think.
Thanks for your help Tiger.

Technotiger 15:25 09 Apr 2005

OK, thanks for the feedback anyway.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone