Internet freezes-up after home page.

Kittykins 08:07 15 Apr 2008

Having just started using Tiscali Broadband with an LAN connection to the computer. After the Tiscali Home Page has loaded I am unable to access anyother pages, whether favourites or not.
E-mail with Outlook Express works fine. What do I need to do to use the internet ?

Happy37 08:26 15 Apr 2008

Kittykins

Please specify what software you are using to connect to the Net? - Internet Explorer?

Also, are you using a router to connect to the Net? - if so, which one?

How did you set up the connection to the Broadband - manually or from a CD?

Regards

Kittykins 08:32 15 Apr 2008

Yes Internet Explorer
Siemens Gigaset SE something (as supplied by Tiscali)

Set up with CD at first which worked fine, but then would not work so telephoned Tiscali who talked me throught the set-up and it worked fine for a few days

Happy37 08:37 15 Apr 2008

Kittykins

"Set up with CD at first which worked fine, but then would not work so telephoned Tiscali who talked me throught the set-up and it worked fine for a few days"

Would you know what caused this problem, or what started to make this happen?

Can you do a System Restore to when you initially installed the software, or have you changed anything in your hardare setup that might have caused this to happen?

You can try to uninstall everything...software and reinstall it all to try and see if that helps?

brundle 08:41 15 Apr 2008

Working OE means all 7 layers of the network stack are OK, the problem is IE or possibly a firewall.
Temporarily disable your firewall, reset IE to defaults (if you're using IE7) click here=$solution_id&docPropValue=kb15152, repair IE6 if not click here

brundle 09:03 15 Apr 2008

Working version of IE7 link; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?