Internet Explorer.opening a second page!

Sapins 10:30 31 Jul 2006

When I look through the forums I used to be able to right click on a thread and open it in another window and it appeared "on top", now it leaves the original window open and I have to click on the new one on the task bar. How doI make it open a new window immediately?

Sapins 15:25 31 Jul 2006

bump

Sapins 15:58 31 Jul 2006

Now it's put itself right!!

anskyber 16:16 31 Jul 2006

It happened to me on this site but also put itself right on a reboot.

Sapins 18:28 31 Jul 2006

Well,it's back again! and with all web sites.

I have just ran file checker, no problems, and when I started it, it flashed on the screen just enough to see it, with web sites you can't see it, in both instances the "opened" window goes onto the task bar. I have just re-installed XP and all of my programmes etc; I don't want to do that in a hurry again, so It looks like I will have to put up with it, unless someone knows better?

Sapins 18:32 31 Jul 2006

Does this give any clues?

If I keep the original window in normal size I can open another page in normal size on top of it as it were, but I prefer to have the pages open maximised

Sapins 18:42 31 Jul 2006

Feel like I'm talking to myself, but hey whats new:-)

Just been looking at Start/properties/taskbar and ticked "keep taskbar on top of other windows" seems to have done the trick but I'm not holding my breath!.

skidzy 18:54 31 Jul 2006

Not a cure Sapins,but have you thought of Firefox browser.It has a lot better tab feature,than keep on having all those IE pages open at the bottom of your screen.

If you hav'nt tried it yet,give it a go...i think your going to be impressed. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?