internet explorer for xp

sue-221294 09:58 26 Sep 2006

when I go onto the web the internet explorer pages seem to roll down the screen,what is causing this to happen, Also i've noticed that when I go to shut down my computer the stanby icon seems dull and does not work.
Any help would be great.

johnnyrocker 10:12 26 Sep 2006

what types of anti spyware do you have on board? if a recent occurrence try system restore.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 19:47 26 Sep 2006

thanks for leaving a reply, I am using windows defender and mcafee antivirus.I've tried system restore, no restore pionts where i can restore back too. thanks for any help

johnny.

VoG II 19:52 26 Sep 2006

Has this always happened or is it a recent occurrence. If the latter try System Restore.

Please add any reply using the Add a new response box further down this page. The yellow envelope is for invited personal messages.

sue-221294 20:44 27 Sep 2006

I have restored xp back to july 2006 uploaded all the important updates, still the screen scrolls down and does not move from page to page smoothly. I have carried out virus checks scanned the pc no infections found.
This also has affected the turn off pc display button I cannot use the stanby mode restart and turn off work ok.

VoG II 21:01 27 Sep 2006

Start, Run, type

sfc /scannow

and click OK. You may be asked for your Windows CD.

sue-221294 08:57 28 Sep 2006

I will give this a go today, thanks for advise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?