Internet Explorer will not connect help

ray27 08:52 26 Jan 2010

A friend of mines daughter had a HP Notebook for Christmas and the only thing wrong is she cannot get Internet explorer to go on line

She is connected OK and can get out with MSN and Lime wire without any problems but when you try and get out with Explorer it just says unable to connect

I have checked out all the setting in Tools/Internet options and everything seems ok so has any one any idea what the problem could be

Any advice would be most welcome
Cheers Ray

birdface 09:01 26 Jan 2010

Try Tools/Internet options,Advanced.and reset.This resets internet explorer to its original state.You may have to enable some of the add-ons after doing it.
maybe download Firefox and use that until she gets I/E working again.

ray27 09:29 26 Jan 2010

Thanks again buteman it worked a treat now if you could only sort out my problem in another post about the contiuing saga of the old Dell Inspiron 1100 cheers Ray

birdface 09:54 26 Jan 2010

Hi ray had a quick look at your other problem but know very little about wireless problems.
So unfortunately I am unable to help you with it.
I had an old desktop that was 6 years old and gave it to my daughter and all we had to do with that was put a wireless usb dongle in it and it connected to her router straight away.
Thats about the only time I have tried to connect a computer to a wireless router.And I was surprised that it worked so easily.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017