Internet Explorer webpage site error

Phoenix40 02:19 18 Jan 2014

Hello i was watching a programme on Netflix when my computer blacked out. I started it up again buti had to do a system restore to repair the computer for some reason but it seems IE is unable to reconnect me back to the Netflix site. It keeps coming up with an error webpage problem with the site. But when i use Mozilla i can login back to Netflix. Is there any reason why when my computer crashed i am unable to use IE to get onto Netflix? When i ask for info from the webpage error it just says after two tries IE has found an error and is preventing the webpage looping. Is there anyway i can overcome this problem.

Secret-Squirrel 09:21 18 Jan 2014

Phoenix, When one website suddenly starts playing up then deleting IE's "Temporary Internet Files" can frequently help:

Close IE, go to Control Panel -> Internet Options -> "General" tab -> "Delete" button -> untick everything apart from "Temporary Internet files" -> "Delete" button. When it's finished, open IE again and try Netflix again.

Phoenix40 11:37 18 Jan 2014

Hello thanks ive tried the last method that was mentioned and its worked so thanks a lot secret squirrel. One final thing i installed Mozilla so i could watch Netflix but somehow its become my main browser i dont remember asking it to be when i found my downloads were going to it instead of IE. So how do i change my default browser back to IE? I cant see any button that does that on IE? Hope someone can help me out on this thanks.

Secret-Squirrel 12:12 18 Jan 2014

Thanks for the feedback Phoenix.

To make IE your "main" browser, go back to Internet Options -> "Programs" tab -> "Make default" button. You may want to tick the little box there too.

Phoenix40 14:17 18 Jan 2014

Hello thanks for your help ive done that now. By the way i did do that before from the actual website where it has internet tools before with the webpage problem. But i didnt untick the delete history part; so i dont know if that made any difference? So going to internet options from the control panel is the best way of clearing anything from your IE then? Instead of using the tools tab on the IE webpage taskbar? Thanks anyway.

Secret-Squirrel 18:58 18 Jan 2014

"But i didnt untick the delete history part; so i dont know if that made any difference?"

Your history is just a list of website addresses you've previously visited so it wouldn't make any difference.

"So going to internet options from the control panel is the best way of clearing anything from your IE then?"

I suspect that with IE closed, there's a better chance that all the temporary Internet files will be deleted.

Phoenix40 21:01 18 Jan 2014

Thanks thats what i wondered. I forgot about doing it from the control panel. I ended up googling all over the internet to see how to do it and none mentioned it your way as usual from a more longwinded way and i even downloaded M/soft internet fixit to see if that would work but made no difference. As they say you live and learn, thanks a lot!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?