I am using an AMD2000, 256Mb Ram,40G HDD, WinXP. I have been using Internet Explorer (IE6) without any problems. When I logged on last night, I could receive emails OK, but when I tried to log on to IE sites, it tried to open but after a couple of minutes I would get the dreaded message "This page cannot be opened". I couldn't even get this site to open. After a couple of attempts this morning, I have finally got in. I have emptied my Temp Internet folder, tried disabling XP Firewall and checked security setting(default). Could you please help me on this one. A quick response would be appreciated in case I lose this connection and can't log on to your site again.
I appreciate that you are extremely busy, but I would like a reply to my problem. I am scared that if I log out now I will not be able to open your site again. I have been trying (whilst waiting for a reply) to open other sites and the only one I could log on to was my bank Account, all the rest I got the message "This page etc..." after about two minutes.
flecc and Big Elf...Tried going a restore point, still got the same problem. Took the bull by the horns and phoned the freeserve helpdesk, who kindly informed that the dial up number has been changed . Now that I am using new number everything is back to normal. Thanks very much for your help.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.