Internet Explorer version 7 and missing Folders

Mclearns Bald 13:27 14 Dec 2006

I upgraded to IE v 7 about a week ago. I first noticed that the Temporary Internet Files folder was missing folder and few days later the Cookies folder went missing. Yes I have set folder options to view hidden folders and I know they are somewhere because when I empty these folders via Internet Options a message comes up saying that these folders are being emptied. I used search, but I still can't find them. So where are they?

anskyber 16:16 14 Dec 2006

If you go tools, internet options, general tab and choose browsing history settings; where does it say they are stored?

Mclearns Bald 23:01 14 Dec 2006

It says Local Settings. This is where they were always stored, but whenever I look inside Local Settings they do not show up.

Coff 00:36 15 Dec 2006

In Tools, Folder Options, View, untick the "Hide protected operating system files" box in addition to ticking the "Show hidden files and folders" box.

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files.

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Cookies.

Mclearns Bald 01:49 15 Dec 2006

I've already done that Coff, but it still don't show. The Settings in Internet Options allows me to move the Temp Internet files folder elsewhere. I'll move it and see if it shows up in the new location.

Mclearns Bald 01:57 15 Dec 2006

No, I moved it to the C: root directory and it still don't show up. My Cookies folder don't show up in the DocumentsandSettings/username directory, like what it used to.

Coff 11:05 15 Dec 2006

Tools, Folder Options, View, tick the "Display the full path in the titlebar" box.

Change the location of the Temporary Internet Files Folder back to default in settings and open the folder from there. What is the location given on the titlebar?

The only other place I can think to look is in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp.

Mclearns Bald 01:39 16 Dec 2006

Settings does not have an actual option to ' back to default' but my using Settings I moved it back to UserName\LocalSettings. It even show on the InternetOptions Settings window the address C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Tempory Internet Files, but when I look in Local Settings there is only Temp and Application Data folders. I looked in Temp and it is not there either. It is certainly showing up when I go into Settings from Internet Options and choose 'View Files'. I get a window with the title bar saying: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\TemporaryInternetFiles.

Using Tools, Folder Options, View, and ticking the "Display the full path in the titlebar" box does not make any difference.

BRYNIT 07:42 16 Dec 2006

You will also need to untick hide protected operation system files to view Temporay internet files.

BRYNIT 07:44 16 Dec 2006

Forgot to say you will find this option just below show hidden files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires