Internet Explorer problems

lloopyloo28 19:01 31 Jan 2003

I am in process of changing ISP. I have signed up for BTOpenworld but am having a problem with IE. When I open IE, I can get a connection, but the web page takes ages to load and even then the main content does not appear. When I use my existing AOL connection, though and then access my BT homepage via IE there is no problem. Anyone explain??!
I have just downloaded IE6 from MIcrosoft but was having the same problem with IE5. Also had same problem with IE5 and Freeserve.
Would greatly appreciate some help!

spikeychris 19:27 31 Jan 2003

AOL alongside any other ISP can cause problems. You say your in the process of changing ISP's is it from AOL to BT? if so delete AOL now and just use it to check your email (web-mail).

Chris

Stuartli 19:44 31 Jan 2003

Have you chosen BT Openworld as your default ISP?

spikeychris 20:00 31 Jan 2003

I didn't think you could do that with AOL?

Chris

woodchip 20:22 31 Jan 2003

Do a repair of IE if it's above 5.5 go to the Add/Remove programs in Control Panel and Double Click on Microsoft Internet Explorer choose repair

caast ©™ 17:01 01 Feb 2003

I cannot configure my network connection with my Xp PC

PC1 has the modem and win 98se PC2 has XP no modem.
the network sharing works fine, but I cannot connect to the internet through the XP machine without the Modem I have run the network wizard and run the setup disk on the 98 PC but cannot connect.

Can anyone help me out here.
Just a point the XP machine is dual booting with 98SE and I have no problem getting internet sharing when I boot it up to 98.

This is really confusing and I need help desperately

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?