internet explorer problem

lesava 18:34 26 Dec 2007

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I can get on to the internet but cannot get on to many sites.. for example, can no longer get on to MSN, internet banking, ebay I just get the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage message. It maybe have become a problem since downloading IE7 but I think it started after that. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jane

sean-278262 18:44 26 Dec 2007

What kind of connection do you have?

Is your connection running ok, have a quick check of the modem or router to see that it is connected and running? ie have you posted on another persons computer to get help or are you using firefox or otherwise.

Can you give us some details about your computer its operating system etc, who provides your connection and what model of modem and router you use?

Also what other changes have you made in the last few days such as uninstalling installing or re-installing updates to programs. Things from up to a couple of days ago may have caused the problem so it helps to know so as to get to the bottom of it.

For a start have a go at using windows restore points to see if this clears it

click here is a step by step how to.

birdface 18:47 26 Dec 2007

There was a problem with Microsoft up-dates.But there has been a fix for it recently.

lesava 19:38 26 Dec 2007

Hi and thanks. I'm using a broadband wireless connection and don't generally have a problem accessing the internet, nor do the others using this connection. Yes, sites which are not accessible on this PC can be accessed on other PCs when I log on. I've just tried using system restore - the problem has been around for a number of weeks but, I think, getting worse, so I tried to restore back to a date several weeks ago but it tells me it can't and that no changes have been made? It tells me I can't try any date before a date in September when apparently Windows Defender was removed? Would that be anything to do with the problem?

Thanks
Jane

birdface 20:09 26 Dec 2007

Is it possible that that computer was the only one that picked up the faulty Microsoft up-date.just about the right time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?