Internet Explorer problem

1887 21:08 20 Feb 2007

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me.

Ive recently brought a laptop off a friend of mine whos emmigrated to australia. And ive powered it up and it works fine.

Come to connect it to the net and it wont work. So ive enabled network connections and its says thats its connected on line but wont display the internet.

Any ideas?

Dibsy32 23:51 19 Jun 2008

ive got the same problem so if i hear how to i will write to you!

Dibsy32 00:10 20 Jun 2008

Haha just seen how long ago that post was!let me know if you sorted your problem though!

swiss$tony 10:21 21 Jun 2008

I had exactly the same prob with my daughters PC
somehow the firewall settings had been changed. Although it was connected to the internet every time she tried to connect she had the message page unavalable cannot connect to intermet etc.....
Tried to do system restore and it wouldn't restore no matter how far back I went but this had worked for the same fault only a couple of months ago

When I had a look at the firewall settings, the settings for ie were ticked but greyed out(wishey washey) I unticked them clicked apply then reticked them clicked apply tried to connect and hey presto! away with the mixer. Don't know how/why they changed in the first place.
I used avg to do a scan and found loads of cr*p with some funny file extensions. don't know if this was the reason for the change to the settings.
Sorry to waffle but just trying to set the stage as it were.
Any how all is now well until next time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?