internet explorer problem

mr molly 23:10 04 Aug 2003

my freind has this problem
when he gets on the net & try's to open browser he gets box that appears & says
:::microsoft internet explorer has encountered a problem & needs to close.
send error report or dont send:::
either one you click it shuts down browser.
i asked if he updated recently from microsoft updates he said never so i thought maybe thats problem so i tryed but cant because soon as i click to download updates box comes up again microsoft internet explorer has blar,blar,blar there is no way of continuing with out removing this box which then shuts browser down :::in this box it dose not give any numbers or codes,
running win 98 any help please

VoG II 23:16 04 Aug 2003

Repair click here

jessie .x..x.x 23:20 04 Aug 2003

maybe, internet explorer itself has become corrupt ( faulty ). You could try getting a `free` freeserve disk or similar that has a newer version of `internet explorer` on it, and try installing that newer version rather than using his dated windows 98 version.

This should help i think

jes xxx

ps, see what the rest of the forum think first

Gandalph 23:40 04 Aug 2003

Have you tried repairing IE from within itself. Go to Add Remove Programmes and click on IE then click on remove. You will get a dialogue box come up and ask if you want to repair or add a component,click on repair and see how you get on from there.

mr molly 10:52 10 Aug 2003

done what gandalph said still getting warnning box up any more help please

kit41 11:06 10 Aug 2003

have you tried loading Explorer from one of the PC Advisor Cover Disks? I had a few monor glitches with Explorer but loading the version from the latest issue of PC World seems to have ironed them all out. It also retains all your favorites list etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?