Internet Explorer, Page name problem

Saintmoly 08:52 15 Feb 2006

When using Internet explorer the name of the page I am viewing has disappeared and been replaced by the first letter of the name of the web page I am viewing. For example, If I log onto Wanadoo, all I get it the letter W next to the expplorer logo at the top of the page.

This is pretty frustrating if I have multiple windows open which have been minimized. All I get are lots of boxes at the bottom of the page each displaying the first letter of the web pages which have been opened. If a web site name begins with the same letter I am unable to tell which is which unless I physically restore each page to check.

Can anybody tell me why this has happened. Everything was ok until a couple of days ago.

It only happens with Explorer. If I open a programme like Nero, then the full title of the programme is displayed without any problem.

VoG II 11:09 15 Feb 2006
  RobCharles1981 11:28 15 Feb 2006

I had this problem quite recently Internet Explorer was corrupeted, I deleted the regsitery key and then re-installed Internet Explorer and problem was fixed

Saintmoly 12:42 15 Feb 2006

Thanks for the information.

Rob, any chance you could post some simple instruction on how you go about doing this?

Thanks.

RobCharles1981 17:02 15 Feb 2006

goto Regedit:

HK - Local Machine
Software
Microsoft
Internet Exploerer <------ Delete the folder

Restart Windows

Assuming your on Windows XP goto Sart --- Control Pannel then re-install Internet Explorer from there

And then retry it

Good Luck

Saintmoly 20:58 15 Feb 2006

I've sorted it! It was the Google Toolbar which was corrupting Internet Explorer. After reading the link supplied by 'VoG' I simply removed the Google toolbar in the Add/Remove programmes section and it solved the problem.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone