Internet Explorer or Google Chrome?

Granny. 09:32 30 Dec 2009

Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and wishing everyone a very Happy New year...

OK, I have had friends and relatives telling me that both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome are the best, so, I would value your advice as I do need to update.

Please don`t get all technical on me though, as that will only confuse me even more, (It doesn`t take a lot, believe me! lol.)

Heston 10:41 30 Dec 2009

Most people will agree that Firefox is the better browser.

Granny. 10:48 30 Dec 2009

Thank you so much for answering so quickly.

I do find Internet Explorer slow, but thought it was just my slightly elderly computer!

I hadn`t even thought about Firefox, is that better than Internet Explorer or Google Chrome?

birdface 10:59 30 Dec 2009

All I can say Firefox is faster than Internet Explorer at the moment.
Just takes a bit of getting used to.And a few programs have to be added.
No idea about Google Chrome but I am sure someone will give you advice on that one.
I have been quite happy using IE8 but just recently it has slowed down a bit so decided to try Firefox.
I am using I/E8 at the moment as I was having trouble connecting to this site with both browsers.
It looks like quite a few others are having the same problem.

Granny. 11:06 30 Dec 2009

Thanks Buteman.

Pine Man 11:19 30 Dec 2009

I have tried IE, Firefox, Chrome & Safari.

Chrome is fast but a bit basic. Safari is a bit to flashy for my liking and not as fast as the others. IE is slower than Firefox.

In my opinion Firefox is, overall, the best browser.

Granny. 11:43 30 Dec 2009

Again, thank you all very much.

Firefox, (which I hadn`t even thought about) seems to be the favourite, so I`ll have a go with that I think.

Thank you everyone...

Granny. 11:49 30 Dec 2009

Sorry me again.

I know this is a stupid question, but I just clicked a link to download Firefox, and in the box it asks if you want to save or run the file.
Which one do I tick please? (I`ve never been sure about that!!!)

Technotiger 11:52 30 Dec 2009

It does not matter whether you save it or run it. It is quicker just to run it.

I too use Firefox, having tried all the others!

Woolwell 13:39 30 Dec 2009

I've tried IE, Firefox, Safari and Opera. Generally prefer Firefox although IE8 isn't far behind. Opera has it uses. Didn't like Safari.

Andsome 14:00 30 Dec 2009

I tried FF and didn't like it one little bit. IE8 on Windows 7 is almost instantaneous.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?