Internet Explorer - How do I remove saved password

AFoxyLady 07:13 16 Jun 2010

I am running IEV8 and running Windows 7 - I also use Crap Cleaner.

I have several website details changed for automatic log in, which I am happy with - however, there are a couple that I agreed to keep, but now want to remove.

Please can anyone tell me how to remove specific e-mail adresses that have been saved with the user name and password.

mooly 07:33 16 Jun 2010

This can be a bit weird sometimes in the way it behaves and the way passwords are stored I find.
Make sure you have all your log in details handy first.

Tools, Internet Options, then under the "general" tab select delete browsing history and make sure all the tick boxes are checked, with the EXCEPTION of the top "preserve favourites" then delete.

Now close IE8 completely and any other windows that are open.

From W7 start or "run" box type
inetcpl.cpl and press enter

this opens the internet options box again without IE8 being open.
Again go into delete browsing history and make sure all tick boxes are cleared EXCEPT cookies and delete again.

NOw again type inetcpl.cpl and this time go to settings (next to delete history button) and click "view files".

There should be none.

That gives you a clean history and no cookies or data saved so you can start again.

robin_x 08:17 16 Jun 2010

'Clear History' (All) you'll find it somewhere

feb 16:46 16 Jun 2010

On the log in page double click the username box, this should show the user names that have been stored. Without clicking the username, highlight the one you want to remove with the mouse and press Delete.

AFoxyLady 17:37 16 Jun 2010

Cor - thanks for all the help - the easiest and simplest way was Feb - so easy when you know how, just like all things. All sorted and the one e-mail now removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?