Internet Explorer has encountered a problem

Toria 20:46 20 Sep 2008

I constantly keep on getting the messeage:

Internet Explor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Internet Explorer. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error contains click here.
Send Error Report. Don't Send.

Whichever one I click on it closes down Internet Explorer each time, which means I am unable to get on to the web.

I have done a System Restore for yesterday, so have able to get up and running, but things are still not right. My photo on MSN Messenger went back to an old one and my AntiVirus Guard had to be switched on.

I would appreciate any help and advice, to stop this message keep on reappearing.

Taff™ 06:32 21 Sep 2008

A bit more information might help. Which Operating System are you using? (XP or Vista) Load and run the free Belarc Advisor click here which will tell you more.

Do you have a recovery CD or an original installation disc? Go to start run and type in "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. This will restore all system files to their original condition. Then make sure you have all Windows Updates.

birdface 09:39 21 Sep 2008

Or do a system restore back to the first date ,Then go into IE7.Tools.Internet Options.Advanced.And try pressing restore advanced settings.If it still does not work go back into Advanced and press reset.This will reset IE7 to it's original state.

Drum 15:19 01 Oct 2008

I am running Windows XP and I've got exactly the same problem. It only started a couple of weeks ago and as yet I've been unable to repair this. I've still got IE 6, and do not want to upgrade to IE7. Like you, any suggestions would be most welcome.

provider 2 15:35 01 Oct 2008

Microsoft guided help for IE problems?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?