Internet Explorer Favorites

jimmyoz 21:09 17 Feb 2005

How do I sort internetExplorer favorites in one go?

Thanks

Jackcoms 21:13 17 Feb 2005

Not exactly sure what you mean, but you can create folders and drag and drop favourites into and out of them them as you wish

Jackcoms 08:16 18 Feb 2005

Please do NOT click on the yellow envelope, unless invited to do so as this sends an e-mail direct to the Forum member.

You asked by e-mail:

"I want to add a favorite without resorting to a right click and selecting sort by name every time I add a favorite. I understand there is a way to edit the registry and it will sort every time I add one without right clicking and selecting sort by name".

I do not know the answer. Other Forum members may do.

gatehill 10:02 18 Feb 2005

Its in the Langalist Standard Edition 2005-02-17. In fact it quotes an article from PC Advisor!

Out of interest, I would like clarification of the "traditional" method as when I right-click a favorite, I do not get the Sort by Name option.

Daibus 10:22 18 Feb 2005

I recently installed Copernic Desktop Search and all was working fine but know I find that recent entries are not being shown which includes Fvourites, History etc. the searches staying at zero.

A few days ago I installed SP2 which was no problem but am wondering if there is a conlict between it and Copernic and have any of you had similar problem?

Daibus 10:30 18 Feb 2005

Sorry about the entry in the wrong the thread.

Stuartli 14:57 18 Feb 2005

This is an MS link about Sort by Name:

click here

jimmyoz 15:38 18 Feb 2005

Gatehill,
Thanks for the response. I went to PC Advisor and I can't find it. Can you tell me where to find in PC Advisor?

In replying to your question on right clicking favorites you must left click on favorites in the top favorite next to view and tools and select Add to favorites,then find the favorite at the bottom of the list and right click and select "sort by name"

gatehill 18:44 18 Feb 2005

Jimmyoz, I'm afraid I don't know which edition its in, the Langalist article refers to the "latest printed version" of the magazine; however the wording is exactly as in the MS Knowledge base article that the above link from Stuartli takes you to.

Regarding the "old" method, I've now sorted it (forgive the pun!); for some reason previous right-clicking on a favorite did not have the Sort by Name option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?