Internet Explorer error message HPF9XDRO.DRV

Shorty 22:11 29 Oct 2003

Your help would be appreciated please.

When I try to print a page from internet explorer I get a white error message box saying iexplorer has caused a fault, and I am asked to exit or ignore. Ignore does not work, so I have to exit. When I click exit I get another grey box showing the error Internet Explorer has caused a fault in HPF9XDRO.DRV

I am using IE v5.5, Windows ME, a HP Deskjet 950c (which could be a clue as the driver is HP**?). This happens every time I try to print from IE, but does not seem to affect any other program.

[email protected] 22:15 29 Oct 2003

maybe you need to re-install your printer driver as the error suggests that the printer driver is at fault

[email protected] 22:19 29 Oct 2003

have you got Adobe Type Manager or EZ cd creator installed

Shorty 12:32 30 Oct 2003

Yes, I have got easy CD creator installed, it came with the PC when I bought it, I haven't got Adobe Type Manager though. I did update the printer driver a while ago, but this problem did not manifest itself straight away. Is it possible to uninstall the newer driver and go back to the older one?

[email protected] 13:59 30 Oct 2003

there seems to be an issue between easy CD creator and that HPF9XDRO.DRV

can you install a different driver for it.

Stuartli 14:05 30 Oct 2003

If I remember correctly the HP website will automatically download the correct driver for your particular printer.

Stuartli 14:14 30 Oct 2003

Two more possible clues here:

click here

click here

Shorty 10:53 03 Nov 2003

Thanks both for your help. Had a mess around at the weekend and had some success.

Tried going to HP website and got it detect an up to date driver, downloaded it and it still didn't work. Tried removing a system tray icon for EZ CD creator, but that didn't work either. Uninstalled the driver completely, and went back to the original driver supplied with the printer. Still with EZ CD creator tray icon disabled, and voila I am printing again.

So both of your answers seemed relevant, not sure why EZ CD creator has suddenly started causing a problem, but that's computers for you!

[email protected] 11:52 03 Nov 2003

that is computers for you!

just glad you have a way around the problem

well done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache