Internet explorer error

mr.curious 14:33 02 Jun 2005

Dear members,
When I was using internet, it shows the message that "Internet explorer could not find the search page". And then, I could not browse any page. Although, I have clicked the "reset web setting" under the internet option>program.
so, if you know how to fix problem, please help me.Thak you for reading.
mr.curious

bretsky 15:39 02 Jun 2005

You might want to use this click here but please read the text first, to see if it applies to you.

bretsky ;0)

mr.curious 16:46 03 Jun 2005

Dear bretsky,
Thank you for your advice. I will try this software if I found that probelm next time. But, I still want to know the way to fix the problem without using software. Thank you.

mr.curious 12:22 10 Jun 2005

Dear members,
I have found this problem again. When I was trying to open my home page, it can't be open. History pages also can not be opened. And it shows that "downloading from system32/shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm". So, I find this file and then move from system32 folder to desktop. My purpose is to replace the file. ( I am not sure i can do it or not, just to test ). After removing, I can use the IE again. The problem was not solved by technically, so I want to know why this problem was happened and how to solve technically. If you have any idea, plz help me. Thank you.

Joe R 12:32 10 Jun 2005

mr.curious,

another site and option that may help.

click here

mr.curious 05:49 11 Jun 2005

Dear Joe R,
I will try it. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?