Internet Explorer Error

The Brown Rock 23:18 19 May 2004

When shutting down my computer the following message is flagged on screen " You have performed an illegal function? the program will be shut down. `Details` Explorer caused an invalid page fault. Module Kernal 32 DLL at 017f: bff 7b9f5 etc, etc. I have recently downloaded Explorer6 with an additional recent update. I wonder if this is the cause of my problem as everything worked perfectly previously. (Or so it seemed) I have made contact with Microsoft's own website without success. I would very much like to rid myself of this most annoying `error flag`as I close down each evening.
I'm running Windows 98`. Anyone out there that can solve this problem for me, I will as always be very grateful indeed.
The Brown Rock

GaT7 23:44 19 May 2004

Try this -
click here

Dan the Confused 00:56 20 May 2004

Or try click here

The Brown Rock 23:48 21 May 2004

My thanks to Crossbow7 and `Dan the Confused` whose link solved the problem for me. I actually punched the air in delight at the loss of my `error message` on shutdown that had been with me for weeks. Can I ask how the link (click here)such as the very informative one that solves my problem is inserted into your reply to my query.
The Brown Rock

VoG II 23:56 21 May 2004

To post a click here just type or paste the address and it will be converted automatically. For links as posted above a more round about method is required click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?