Internet Explorer is driving me nuts!

Mike D 22:41 16 Dec 2007

I cannot think that I have installed anything to cause my problem, but for the last 2 days whenever I try to go online I am asked for my username and password (BT Yahoo)I fill it in and duly tick the box to remember my details, but the next time I try sgain I have to login again. As I said up to a couple of days ago all was well. Oh yes, I am having a similar problem with the PC Advisor site login as well.
I use A Squared, Prevx, Comodo firewall and Avast, if that's any help.

Help!

silverous 22:48 16 Dec 2007

It sounds like security settings to me, have you unset an option to save passwords somewhere?

Mike D 22:54 16 Dec 2007

silverous
Not sure, I cannot see where that could be. If I have unset such an option where would I find the reset?
Mike

Mike D 22:57 16 Dec 2007

Hnag on, might have sorted it using the security tab in IE tools. I'll just log off and see what happens.

Mike D 23:02 16 Dec 2007

Nah! False alarm, but at least this site has remembered me.

johnnyrocker 08:01 17 Dec 2007

system restore?

johnny

Mike D 09:00 17 Dec 2007

johnny

Not yet because so far so good this morning. Dunno what cause it, but I'll try again tonight before I mark it as resolved.
Mike

Mike D 21:52 17 Dec 2007

Well, thanks guys. I don't quite know what happened, but everything appears to be back to normal. The only thing that I changed was in the security tab in Internet Options, where I changed to a custom level and allowed automatic logon using curent user name and password. However, why this should have been necessary, I do not know, because it is not an area where I venture.

Mike

namtas 22:01 17 Dec 2007

I don't know the cause of this but I suspect that it must have something to do with a server problem, I have had a similar situation on a number of occasions (using Virgin) at first I played around to making changes and altering lots of things all to no avail, it eventually disappeared after a day or so - I have had it happen since and now do nothing but be patient

birdface 09:56 18 Dec 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?